2017 was a good year for me.
- I strived to adjust my previously broken work-life balance, and succeeded at times.
- I took up a new hobby of running, and completed 961.5km during the year, including a fair few races.
- I began budgeting properly, instead of impulse spending. This included reviewing our monthly spending, and reducing where we could. I didn’t always stick to it, but it made me think twice!
- I cut the cord on Sky TV! With 2 young children watching Youtube & Netflix, and in the evening watching BBC or Netflix it was a massive cost that we just didn’t need.
- My wonderful family flourished, including the eldest taking up trumpet, and the youngest starting school. My wife returned to work in a job that follows the saying “choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life.”
Welcome to 2018!
I feel like 2018 is going to be a good year. And I have set a few goals rather than resolutions this year. I will update this post as the year progresses
- Run 1500km during the year - Track Progress
- Complete my first Marathon, and Ultra Marathon (already booked)
- Improve (further) my work-life balance, and also look to improve my work-hobby-family time balance
- Start to say “no” a bit more. I have always been one to help, and say “yes” at every opportunity, which often causes me stress and worry over not managing to do everything I have promised.
- Read more! 12 books is my initial goal, one a month, surely I can manage that!
Redevelop/tweak my website (again)! With not doing so much freelance work (and almost all for established clients) I want to turn this more to a update blog.
- Swim/Bike more - in preparation for my (hopeful) 2019 goal to complete an Ironman
- Run every day of the year - runs must be at least 15 minutes long, and must be run outside - Track Progress
Thats all for now. I will keep everyone updated on my progress.